Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nasopharyngeal Allergy

Here I go again... Sick again... Geezzz! I'm perfectly in good health, however, above my throat is not doing very well, I think it's my Nasal area. First week of February I had a flu and Pharyngitis. Pharyngitis is an inflammation of the throat or pharynx. In most cases it is painful, and thus is often referred to as a sore throat. Inflammation of the tonsils (tonsillitis) and/or layrnx (laryngitis) may occur simultaneously, which can make eating difficult or painful. But I still managed to eat after taking 3 days of antibiotics to a week. So I was well again and ready to do what I planned doing for the first week of February but never did due to I got sick. Then after a week of finishing my antibiotics, here it is again. I can eat but I feel that there is a lump near the left part of my throat and feeling a bit rough. It's hard for me to swallow at times and sometimes I lose my voice.

Yesterday I went to my doctor and have my throat checked. My tonsils are normal and no inflammation. As I tell my doctor what I feel, she finally told me that I have an allergy and this allergy is what they call Nasopharyngeal Allergy. Never heard of it and never had one before. I had nasal allergies and tonsilitis before but nothing like this one. I was trying to search the internet what it is all about but it only gives me Pharyngitis and Nasopharynx. The nasopharynx (nasal part of the pharynx) is the uppermost part of the pharynx. It extends from the base of the skull to upper surface of the soft palate. Here are some photos for you to see it,

Now I am taking anti-allergy meds. I hope after a week of taking these new sets of meds everything would be fine. Let's wait and see.

P.S. to my friends here in blogosphere, I'm sorry I cannot visit your blogs for the time being. But I'll try to visit okay. I hope you are all well.

No comments:

 

Template Design By:
SkinCorner